If you operate in a METRC state (Alaska, California, Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, or Oregon and soon Oklahoma and West Virginia) you might wonder why you would need a 3rd party cannabis software solution on top of METRC, but METRC is simply a REPORTING tool, but that’s it. It allows you to enter data into a web-portal so that you can report your inventory and sales to the state and remain compliant, but that’s it. If you want to grow and scale your business, you need a way to capitalize on your data and turn it into business results.
Without utilizing an advanced solution like BioTrack, all you’re doing is the bare minimum. METRC is a reporting tool, not a compliance tool. Our BioTrack METRC integration is the most complete full-vertical integration in cannabis and will keep you compliant with ease while automating all of your required METRC reporting and allowing you to gather and analyze your data so that you can take your business to the next level. It’s important to note that it is still a best practice to periodically login to METRC and ensure things are accurate. Here are just five of the many reasons that you need a 3rd party system to establish your business and remain competitive in this unpredictable industry:
- Accountability – As a business manager, nothing is scarier than having 15 sets of hands playing in the same system, especially when that system directly impacts your compliance. We offer detailed forensics reports logging every single action performed in the system, including the person responsible and the date/time of the change. You can even restrict users from performing certain actions and run a tighter ship than METRC will allow.
- Record-Keeping – Under most state’s regulations, you could face an audit of your business’s inventory records at any given date and time, with minimal notice. Our system keeps everything you’ll need to present a clean and compliant operation with ease.
- Business Intelligence – What are your best-selling products? Top yielding plants? Top selling budtenders? If you want to grow your business, you need data that you can analyze and turn into actionable results. BioTrack provides the most granular cannabis track and trace data available for every stage of the cannabis seed-to-sale lifecycle, for every license type.
- Labeling – Compliant labels are complicated. We’ll make it easy with our drag and drop labeling tool that is fully customizable to include all compliance related details, as well as any other info you’d like to see such as your logo, address, contact info and more!
- Flexibility – Our industry is constantly going through unprecedented change by implementing new rules and regulations that are always in flux, not to mention the potential growth of your business in a new and blossoming industry. It’s hard to predict what you’ll need in 6 months, in 2 years, and beyond that, but with a system that is highly flexible and customizable, you’re ensuring that you’ll be in good hands, regardless of what may come in the future.
While recording and reporting to METRC might keep you compliant, it certainly won’t provide the edge needed to compete with innovative operators who are taking advantage of the latest in cannabis track and trace technology. Whether you operate a grow, manufacturing facility, dispensary (Dispensary POS System), or some combination of the three, there are dozens (literally dozens!!) more benefits to using BioTrack on top of METRC! To learn more about what those benefits are, contact our sales team at [email protected] to get a full demo of our cannabis software solution or learn more at our website! METRC is the government contracted traceability system in Alaska, California, Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, and Oregon.
Are you interested in learning more about BioTrack or the cannabis industry in general? Check out our careers page to learn more about what it takes to join our winning team or take a look at our industry-leading blog for great news and information about the cannabis industry.
Make sure you’re following BioTrack social media for regular news and updates. Sign up for the CannaPulse newsletter for regular updates right to your inbox!